A natural disaster is something that we can’t control but we can identify and prevent us from that. Starting from the ancient days to till now, there are many buildings were affected because of heavy lightning strike. As we know that if lightning strikes a house or any buildings directly, the strike will follow the various available paths such as plumbing, cables, faucet, antennas, telephone lines, and so on. Hence, it’s quite safe to stay away from those while the house strikes by a lightning. Let’s read the uses of the portable lightning detector to save you from the lightning.
Effects of lightning:
Most of us seen lightning through the sky and it will pass within few seconds. If we get affected by that deadly charge, the effects are high. Every year, hundreds and thousands of people struck by lightning and some are injured heavily. Hence, it’s important to prevent us from a lightning strike. How? With the help of the lightning detector, we can easily find out when the lightning strike will occur.
How to find the presence of the lightning strike?
There are several ways to find out the lightning strike so you can prevent you from injury. They are as follows,
- If you hear the audible thunder and visible flashes, then there may be a chance for the lightning strike.
- Large clouds on the sky
- Popping sounds in AM radio
- Lightning detector
What is a lightning detector?
A lightning detector is a device which is used to detect the lightning. Generally, the lightning detectors are classified into three different types. They are as follows,
- Ground-based systems
- Mobile systems
- Space-based systems
You can find plenty of portable lightning detectors on the market. If you own the detector, it will help you to save from the lightning strike by sounding an alarm whenever the lightning occurs within a particular distance. Generally, the detectors are battery-operated one and it costs around $200 based on its features. If you’re an outdoor enthusiast, then it will be helpful for you. Mostly, people are using this lightning detector at golf courses, pools, parks, and beaches.
Best portable lightning detector:
As we discussed above, there are lots of lightning detectors are out there. Hence, it’s difficult to choose the best one based on your needs. With the help of the features listed below, you can easily find out the best for you.
- Check whether the lightning detector will give you warning signal within a range of 25 miles or more.
- Make sure that the lightning tracker notifies you with a loud alarm, red LED light, text message, and backlit display as this will be helpful for you to know the lightning strike in the simple
- Buy the one that comes with enhanced interference rejection as this will prevent false lightning detection.
- Make sure whether the detector comes with both the indoor and outdoor operation modes.
Check the above-mentioned features while investing your money on the portable lightning detector and buy the best one to save you and your surroundings from the deadly lightning strike.
Leave a Reply